LONDON (16th October 2020) – Square Enix Ltd., today announced that two of gaming’s most cherished RPGs, FINAL FANTASY® VII and FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered will unite in a twin-pack physical release for the Nintendo Switch™ system in Europe this December.
A timeless classic loved by a legion of fans across the globe, FINAL FANTASY VII is an epic adventure culminating in a battle to decide the fate of the planet which has fallen under the dominion of Shinra Electric Power Company, a sinister corporation monopolizing the world’s energy force. Cloud Strife, a former member of Shinra’s elite SOLDIER unit now turned mercenary, lends his aid to an anti-Shinra resistance group calling themselves Avalanche to fight for the planet. In addition to a powerful and emotional storyline, FINAL FANTASY VII also includes:
- 3x Speed Mode: Play through the game with three times the speed.
- No Encounters: Players will have the ability to turn battle encounters off to enjoy the storyline uninterrupted. While enemy encounters are turned off, players can still enjoy the story’s event battles.
- Battle Enhancement Mode
- Battle Assist: The ability to always have maxed out HP and ATB, and trigger Limit Breaks at any time.
- No Encounters: An enemy encounter option that allows players to enjoy the storyline uninterrupted. While enemy encounters are turned off, players can still enjoy the story’s event battles.
- 3x Speed Boost: Play through the game with three times the speed.
The FINAL FANTASY VII and FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered twin-pack will be available for the Nintendo Switch™ from 4th December and is available to pre-order from select retailers in Europe now. In addition, a boxed version of FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered will also be available for the PlayStation®4 system from 4th December. For more information visit: https://store.eu.square-enix-games.com/geo/FFVIIFFVIIItwin and https://store.eu.square-enix-games.com/geo/FFVIIIRemas_PS4
For the latest assets, visit: https://press.uk.square-enix.com/